The cause of pop eye in tropical fish could be bacteria. Too much dissolved oxygen in the water may also lead to this condition. There is no universal cure. Isolate the fish, and treat it with general anti-bacterial medicine.
- Fish eye becomes large and appears to look as if it is going to pop out of the socket
There is no universal treatment for pop eye except for ensuring water quality is correct however we would recommend isolating the fish in a hospital tank and treating with a course of myxazin.
Always ensure water parameters are as they should be for your tropical fish, if you are unsure you can always post on our Facebook page to ask the group members their opinion.
Tropical Fish Site takes no responsibility for diagnosing the exact problem with your tropical fish, this is purely meant as a guide only. Be sure to look at other common tropical fish diseases to ensure you have made the correct diagnosis as there is often crossover between them.
API 800 Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test KitFeatures:
- Contains one (1) API Freshwater master kit 800, including 7 bottles of testing solutions, 1 colour card and 4 glass tubes with cap
- Helps monitor water quality and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Accurately monitors five most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, High Range PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
A Deeper Look In To Loach Fish Species
How Much Salt Should I Add To My Freshwater Aquarium
Everything You Need To Know About Using T5 Lights For Your Aquarium