The well established and renowned brand Fluval is a part of the Hagen group of fish keeping products and in 2013 they have yet again surpassed themselves with a fantastic range of external canister fish tank filters. The high level model in this range featuring a flow rate of 1450 L/H (383 US GPH) and boasting the ability to filter aquarium up to 400 litres (100 US Gallons) is the 406 model.
Building on the success of Fluval 405 filter, this filter provides enhanced functionality and filtration performance that creates the cleanest, healthiest aquariums ever. The Fluval 406 external canister filter delivers many practical benefits including better filtration, less maintenance frequency, faster setup, and quieter operation.
Key features of the Fluval 406 external canister filter include:
- Improved motor hydraulic performance that reduces maintenance frequency, increases flow rates and head pressure
- Enhanced water filtration performance for cleaner, healthier water
- Better biological filtration, with the addition of Bio-Foam media
- Sound-dampening impeller design for 8 to 15% quieter operation
- Redesigned impeller cover that’s less prone to breakage
- Re-engineered efficient priming system for easier starting
- Stronger lift-lock clamps for more secure closure
- Hose lock nuts improves security
The filter helps make aquarium keeping as easy and worry-free as possible by providing a remarkable range of additional features, including patented Aqua-Stop Valves for easy hose disconnections, single-motion lift-lock clamps for simple cleaning and maintenance, and multiple removable filtration baskets that are already packed with the necessary media for mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration.
You will have 4 baskets in the Fluval 406 filter to put your media (some filter media is included in the box), which gives you the ability to alter the types of media kept in each tray and allows for ease of maintenance as you can change the media alternately and at different times.
In addition, the filter has a unique square-shaped canister design that holds 35-50% more water than round canister filters of similar size, allowing better water flow through a complex cleansing path that maximizes contact with the filtration media. Suitable for fresh or salt water aquariums up to 400 L (100 US Gal). The flow rate is on the Fluval 406 external canister filter is 1450 L/H (383 US GPH).
Box contents of the Fluval 406 external canister filter is:
- 4 x Foam pads
- 2 x 70 g carbon
- 2 x Polishing pad
- 2 x 120 g BIOMAX
- 2 x Bio-Foam
- AquaStop valve assembly
- Ribbed hosing
- 2 rim connectors
- Intake tube
- Intake strainer
- Output nozzle
- 2 rubber connectors
- Instruction manual
- Quick start manual
The Fluval 406 external canister filter is everything you could ever need in a filter for your aquarium and is a strong and robust product guaranteed by Fluval for 3 years giving you a good piece of mind that your fish will be in safe hands with this filter.
Fluval Number 406 External FilterFeatures:
- – Improved motor hydraulic performance that reduces maintenance frequency, increases flow rates and head pressure
- – Increased water filtration performance for cleaner, healthier water
- – Better biological filtration, with the addition of Bio-Foam media
- – Sound-dampening impeller design for 8 to 15% quieter operation
- – Re-engineered efficient priming system for easier starting
Fluval 407 External FilterFeatures:
- Fluval eTEC (Efficient Technology) construction employs cutting-edge design, materials & manufacturing methods to deliver powerful pump performance, reduced energy consumption & ultra-quiet operation
- Powerful motor generates constant pumping power and pressure that endures over time
- Re-engineered, precision-crafted pump runs up to 25% quieter than previous generation
- Energy-efficient some 07 series filters draw as little energy as a single household LED lightbulb
- Redesigned, substantially enlarged rubber feet stabilizers offer superior vibration-dampening ability and added protection
Fluval 407 External Canister Filter Review
Upettools Box & Water Aquarium Water Pump Review
Fluval U2 Internal Filter Review