The well established and renowned brand Fluval is a part of the Hagen group of fish keeping products and in 2013 they have yet again surpassed themselves with a fantastic range of external canister fish tank filters. The entry-high level model in this range featuring a flow rate of 1150 L/H (303 US GPH) and boasting the ability to filter aquarium up to 300 litres (70 US Gallons) is the 306 model.
Building on the success of Fluval 305 filter, this filter provides enhanced functionality and filtration performance that creates the cleanest, healthiest aquariums ever. The Fluval 306 external canister filter delivers many practical benefits including better filtration, less maintenance frequency, faster setup, and quieter operation.
Key features of the Fluval 306 external canister filter include:
- Improved motor hydraulic performance that reduces maintenance frequency, increases flow rates and head pressure
- Enhanced water filtration performance for cleaner, healthier water
- Better biological filtration, with the addition of Bio-Foam media
- Sound-dampening impeller design for 8 to 15% quieter operation
- Redesigned impeller cover that’s less prone to breakage
- Re-engineered efficient priming system for easier starting
- Stronger lift-lock clamps for more secure closure
- Hose lock nuts improves security
The filter helps make aquarium keeping as easy and worry-free as possible by providing a remarkable range of additional features, including patented Aqua-Stop Valves for easy hose disconnections, single-motion lift-lock clamps for simple cleaning and maintenance, and multiple removable filtration baskets that are already packed with the necessary media for mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration.
You will have 3 baskets in the Fluval 306 filter to put your media (some filter media is included in the box), which gives you the ability to alter the types of media kept in each tray and allows for ease of maintenance as you can change the media alternately and at different times.
In addition, the filter has a unique square-shaped canister design that holds 35-50% more water than round canister filters of similar size, allowing better water flow through a complex cleansing path that maximizes contact with the filtration media. Suitable for fresh or salt water aquariums up to 300 L (70 US Gal). The flow rate is on the Fluval 306 external canister filter is 1150 L/H (303 US GPH).
Box contents of the Fluval 306 external canister filter is:
- 4 x Foam pads
- 2 x 70 g carbon
- 2 x Polishing pad
- 2 x 120 g BIOMAX
- 2 x Bio-Foam
- AquaStop valve assembly
- Ribbed hosing
- 2 rim connectors
- Intake tube
- Intake strainer
- Output nozzle
- 2 rubber connectors
- Instruction manual
- Quick start manual
The Fluval 306 external canister filter is everything you could ever need in a filter for your aquarium and is a strong and robust product guaranteed by Fluval for 3 years giving you a good piece of mind that your fish will be in safe hands with this filter.
- Fluval 306 External Filter. Outputs 1150LPH suitable for Aquariums up to 300L
- Features an instand prime to make it easy to start.
- Aqua top to make it easy to maintain
- Quick change mechanical media to make it easy to clean and a noise reduction impellor to make it quiet.
- Fluvial eTEC (Efficient Technology) construction employs cutting-edge design, materials & manufacturing methods to deliver powerful pump performance, reduced energy consumption & ultra-quiet operation
- Powerful motor generates constant pumping power and pressure that endures over time
- Re-engineered, precision-crafted pump runs up to 25% quieter than previous generation