Common name: Titanicus Plecostomus, L273
Scientific name: Pseudacanthicus Species
Average Adult Fish Size: 12 inches / 30 cm
Place of Origin: Brazil, S. America
Typical Tank setup: S. American biotope with large rocks, driftwood, bogwood and caves.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 120 gallon / 480 litre
Compatibility: Generally peaceful if given enough space and hiding spots, but can be aggressive with catfish and other plecostomus type fish. Personalities vary from fish to fish.
Temperature: 73 – 82 Deg F / 23- 28 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.0 – 7.4
Feeding: Carnivore although not a predator. Shrimp and chopped mussel appear favorites and promote favorable growth. Will eat prepared foods such as pellets, sticks, and wafers, but some vegetable matter should also be provided in the form of cucumbers, kale, lettuce, spinach, or green beans.
Sexing: Males appear to display the brighter more cosmetically attractive patterning. Females are more drab even from an early age.
Breeding: Unknown although almost certainly a cave / pipe spawner.
Additional Information: A beautiful and large pleco.
- Adonis Pleco – Acanthicus Adonis
- Magnum Pleco – Baryancistrus Specie, L047
- Scarlet Pleco – Pseudacanthicus Species, L025
- Royal Pleco – Panaque Nigrolineatus, L190
- Blue Eyed Pleco – Panaque Cochliodon
- Bristlenose Pleco – Ancistrus Temminckii
- Longfinned Bristlenose Pleco – Ancistrus sp
- Peppermint Plec – Parancistrus Nudiventris, L031, L176, L300
- Gold Nugget Pleco – Baryancistrus, L018, L081, L085, L177
- King Tiger Pleco – Hypancistrus Species, L066