A bacterial infection may cause this tail and fin rot in susceptible fish, especially in those fish who are bullied or injured by fin-nipping tank mates. This is often caused by poor water conditions.
- A progressive deterioration of the tail and/or fins
- Fins become frayed or their color may fade
First test the aquarium water to review overall water quality and conduct a partial water change to ensure healthy conditions. If the clamped fins are the result of infections, a multipurpose fungus treatment like protozin is the first line of treatment. Good practice of adding 1 tbs. aquarium salt per gallon will help prevent clamped fins.
It is always strongly advised that water conditions are tested to ensure they are at the correct parameters for the fish you are keeping so regular testing and regular water changes should prevent your fish from contracting ragged tail fin fish disease.
Tropical Fish Site takes no responsibility for diagnosing the exact problem with your tropical fish, this is purely meant as a guide only. Be sure to look at other common tropical fish diseases to ensure you have made the correct diagnosis as there is often crossover between them.
- Contains one (1) API AQUARIUM SALT Freshwater Aquarium Salt 453-Gram Box
- Promotes fish health and disease recovery with increased electrolytes
- Improves respiration for fish in freshwater aquariums
- Made from evaporated sea water for all-natural results
- Use when changing water, when setting up a new freshwater aquarium and when treating fish disease
- always follow package guidelines
- water treatment for improving fish water quality
- helps to cure common ailments found in aquariums
- Model number: 5568
- Do not use when rays or momyrids are present.
- Suitable for tropical freshwater and coldwater aquaria.
- 250ml treats 625 litres (4 day course)
- Treats Protozoan and Fungal Infections
- Aquarium Treatment for Costiasis and Trichodiniasis
- Contains one (1) API Freshwater master kit 800, including 7 bottles of testing solutions, 1 colour card and 4 glass tubes with cap
- Helps monitor water quality and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Accurately monitors five most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, High Range PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear