Infection that is brought into aquariums by fish already infected with a deadly virus called Viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV or VHSv).
- A variety of different symptoms may occur, though some fish exhibit no external symptoms
- Hemorrhaging of internal organs, skin and muscle
- Bulging eyes
- Bloated abdomens
- Bruised-looking reddish tints to eyes, skin, gills and fins
- Open sores
- Abnormal behavior
There is no known cure for this virus. You could try using a fungus treatment such as protozin although this may not always work.
It is often advised that you should keep tropical fish in a quarantine tank before introducing them to your main tank. Although this wont prevent Hemorrhagic Septicemia in the fish you may have purchased with the disease, it will stop it spreading to your other fish if you are able to observe them and treat them before introducing to your main aquarium.
Tropical Fish Site takes no responsibility for diagnosing the exact problem with your tropical fish, this is purely meant as a guide only. Be sure to look at other common tropical fish diseases to ensure you have made the correct diagnosis as there is often crossover between them.
- always follow package guidelines
- water treatment for improving fish water quality
- helps to cure common ailments found in aquariums
- Model number: 5568
- Do not use when rays or momyrids are present.
- Suitable for tropical freshwater and coldwater aquaria.
- 250ml treats 625 litres (4 day course)
- Treats Protozoan and Fungal Infections
- Aquarium Treatment for Costiasis and Trichodiniasis
- Contains one (1) API Freshwater master kit 800, including 7 bottles of testing solutions, 1 colour card and 4 glass tubes with cap
- Helps monitor water quality and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Accurately monitors five most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, High Range PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear