Undesirable environmental conditions including poor water quality, overcrowding, and/or stress by incompatible species creates conditions that can lead to destructive outbreaks. If you are unsure of compatibility of your fish you can always post on our Facebook page for some advice. Flukes, which are flatworms usually about 1 mm long, are often present in aquariums but remain harmless under ideal conditions.
- Infected gills and skin
- Similar to ich, but telltale sign is movement and possibly eye spots, something that is not found in ich – use magnification lens to observe
- Once gills are destroyed, fish will die
Isolate the fish and treat with Gill Fluke treatment such as Sterazin. Always follow guidelines given on the treatment bottle and isolate the fish before treating.
Avoiding stressful conditions is key to prevention, but once an outbreak occurs, prompt treatment is critical.
Tropical Fish Site takes no responsibility for diagnosing the exact problem with your tropical fish, this is purely meant as a guide only. Be sure to look at other common tropical fish diseases to ensure you have made the correct diagnosis as there is often crossover between them.
Aquarium Treatment For General Parasites- Sterazin 250mlFeatures:
- 250ml (5 day course for 500 litres)
- Suitable for seawater, tropical freshwater and coldwater aquaria.
- STERAZIN will also aid the control of internal parasites such as Round Worm, Thread Worm, and Intestinal Worm.
- It may also be used to aid the sterilisation of aquatic plants and is highly biodegradable.
API 800 Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test KitFeatures:
- Contains one (1) API Freshwater master kit 800, including 7 bottles of testing solutions, 1 colour card and 4 glass tubes with cap
- Helps monitor water quality and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Accurately monitors five most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, High Range PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
A Deeper Look In To Loach Fish Species
How Much Salt Should I Add To My Freshwater Aquarium
Everything You Need To Know About Using T5 Lights For Your Aquarium