Common name: Two Spot Synodontis
Scientific name: Synodontis Nummifer
Average Adult Fish Size: 7 inches / 17.5 cm
Place of Origin: Congo River Basin, Zaire, Africa
Typical Tank setup: Rocky African biotope with ledges, caves, roots/bogwood/driftwood along with some open space.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 40 gallon / 160 litre
Compatibility: Peaceful if given enough hiding places. Will fight with other catfish, plecostomus, or synodontis over a favorite hiding place. Will eat small fish.
Temperature: 72 – 77 Deg F / 22 – 25 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.4 – 7.3
Feeding: Omnivorous. Provide a varied diet of catfish tablets, pellets, flakes, frozen and live foods such as brine shrimp.
Sexing: Venting is the only known way to sex this species.
Additional Information: A beautiful and active mid-sized synodontis.
- Pyjama Catfish – Synodontis Flavitaeniatus
- Spotted Squeeker – Synodontis Nigromaculata
- Barfin Synodontis – Synodontis Ornatipinnis
- Synodontis Waterloti
- Ocellated Synodontis – Synodontis Ocellifer
- Synodontis Rebeli
- Polka Dot Synodontis – Synodontis Angelicus
- Featherfin Synodontis – Synodontis Eupterus
- Gold Nugget Pleco – Baryancistrus, L018, L081, L085, L177
- Scarlet Pleco – Pseudacanthicus Species, L025