Common name: Yellow Marbled Synodontis, Marbled Synodontis, Vermiculated Synodontis
Scientific name: Synodontis Schoutedeni
Average Adult Fish Size: 5 inches / 12.5 cm
Place of Origin: Congo River Basin, Africa
Typical Tank setup: Rocky African biotope with caves, roots/bogwood/driftwood.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 20 gallon / 80 litre
Compatibility: Peaceful, but will eat small fish if given the chance.
Temperature: 72 – 79 Deg F / 22 – 26 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.0 – 7.8
Feeding: Enjoys a variety of foods, including flakes, pellets, brine shrimp, plankton, catfish wafers, and krill.
Sexing: The female is plumper than the male, when adult, but venting is the only sure way to sex this fish.
Breeding: They are known to be egg scatterers and offer no parental care, but not much else is known about their breeding habits.
Additional Information: Caves or rock work should be provided for the fish to be able to hang upside down as it prefers this position. Body background coloration can vary from white to yellow.
- Cuckoo Catfish – Synodontis Multipunctatus
- Two Spot Synodontis – Synodontis Nummifer
- Synodontis Rebeli
- Ocellated Synodontis – Synodontis Ocellifer
- Lake Malawi Synodontis – Synodontis Njassae
- Barfin Synodontis – Synodontis Ornatipinnis
- Polka Dot Synodontis – Synodontis Angelicus
- Synodontis Waterloti
- Eyespot Synodontis – Synodontis Longirostris
- Spotted Squeeker – Synodontis Nigromaculata