Common name: Blue Eyed Plecostomus
Scientific name: Panaque Cochliodon
Average Adult Fish Size: 12 inches / 30 cm
Place of Origin: Columbia, South America
Typical Tank setup: Rocky S. American biotope with caves, bog wood, and/or driftwood.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 120 gallon / 480 litre
Compatibility: Peaceful if given enough hiding spots it can call its’ own.
Temperature: 70 – 75 Deg F / 21 – 24 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.0 – 7.0
Feeding: Omnivorous. A staple diet of large pellets, sticks, and wafers along with chunks of frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, market shrimp, or mussels is readily accepted. Occasionally feed vegetables also such as cucumber, kale, spinach, and canned green beans that have been rinsed well.
Sexing: Sex by venting.
Breeding: Successful breeding has not been reported in captivity. Due to their large size, they are thought to be river bank cave spawners.
Additional Information: This specie is becoming increasingly rare and extremely expensive. Due to its’ large eventual size, adequate filtration and regular partial water changes are a must.
- Magnum Pleco – Baryancistrus Specie, L047
- Adonis Pleco – Acanthicus Adonis
- Peppermint Plec – Parancistrus Nudiventris, L031, L176, L300
- Butterfly Pleco – Dekeyseria Brachyura
- Titanicus Pleco – Pseudacanthicus Species, L273
- Gold Nugget Pleco – Baryancistrus, L018, L081, L085, L177
- Royal Pleco – Panaque Nigrolineatus, L190
- Leopard Pleco – Glyptoperichthys Gibbiceps, L083, L165
- Chilumba Peacock – Aulonocara Stuartgranti sp. Chilumba
- Longfinned Bristlenose Pleco – Ancistrus sp