Common name: Synodontis Waterloti
Scientific name: Synodontis Waterloti
Average Adult Fish Size: 5.6 inches / 14 cm
Place of Origin: Congo Basin / Guinea, Africa
Typical Tank setup: Rocky African biotope with ledges, caves, roots/bogwood/driftwood along with some open space.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 40 gallon / 160 litre
Compatibility: Not aggressive, but will eat small fish and actively pursue them! Best if kept with fish 3 inches / 7.5 cm or larger.
Temperature: 72 – 77 Deg F / 22 – 25 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.8 – 7.8
Feeding: Omnivorous. Provide a varied diet of catfish tablets, pellets, flakes, frozen and live foods such as brine shrimp.
Sexing: Unknown, except by venting.
Additional Information: Requires good water quality with low nitrates. Provide frequent partial water changes.
- Two Spot Synodontis – Synodontis Nummifer
- Spotted Squeeker – Synodontis Nigromaculata
- Ocellated Synodontis – Synodontis Ocellifer
- Barfin Synodontis – Synodontis Ornatipinnis
- Synodontis Rebeli
- Pyjama Catfish – Synodontis Flavitaeniatus
- Eyespot Synodontis – Synodontis Longirostris
- Featherfin Synodontis – Synodontis Eupterus
- Lake Malawi Synodontis – Synodontis Njassae
- Synodontis Brichardi