Common name: Synodontis Rebeli
Scientific name: Synodontis Rebeli
Average Adult Fish Size: 9.6 inches / 24.5 cm
Place of Origin: Cameroon / Congo River basin
Typical Tank setup: Rocky African biotope with ledges, caves, roots/bogwood/driftwood along with some open space.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 40 gallon / 160 litre
Compatibility: Will eat small fish. Best if kept with peaceful to moderately aggressive fish that are 3 inches / 8 cm or larger.
Temperature: 72 – 77 Deg F / 22 – 25 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.2 – 7.5
Feeding: Omnivorous. Provide a varied diet of catfish tablets, pellets, flakes, frozen and live foods such as brine shrimp.
Sexing: Venting is the only known way to sex this species.
Additional Information: Main body coloration varies from a pale yellow to white. Getting increasingly rare due to overfishing in its’ native habitat.
- Two Spot Synodontis – Synodontis Nummifer
- Synodontis Waterloti
- Ocellated Synodontis – Synodontis Ocellifer
- Barfin Synodontis – Synodontis Ornatipinnis
- Spotted Squeeker – Synodontis Nigromaculata
- Pyjama Catfish – Synodontis Flavitaeniatus
- Eyespot Synodontis – Synodontis Longirostris
- Lake Malawi Synodontis – Synodontis Njassae
- Polka Dot Synodontis – Synodontis Angelicus
- Featherfin Synodontis – Synodontis Eupterus