Common Name: Sajica, T-Bar Cichlid, T-Bar Convict
Scientific Name: Archocentrus Sajica
Average Adult Fish Size: 5 inches / 12 cm.
Place of Origin: Costa Rica
Typical Tank Setup: South / Central American biotope with plants, rocks, roots/bogwood/driftwood.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 30 gallon / 120 litre for a single fish, 60 gallon / 240 litre for a pair
Compatibility: Mildly aggressive. Should be kept with fish of similar size and temperament.
Temperature: 24-27 Deg C / 74-79 Deg F
Water Chemistry: ph 7.0 -7.6
Feeding: Omnivorous and will readily accept flakes, pellets, and frozen foods. Will also eat smaller fish, but this should not be the main portion of their diet.
Sexing: When mature, the male Sajica grows elongated fins which equal the tail in length, while the female gets a yellow/orange color in their fins. Very easy to sex and an all round enjoyable fish to keep.
Breeding: Typical Cichlid substrate spawner. Sajicas will spawn on a flat rock or in a upturned clay flower pot. Young are typically free swimming within 4-5 days and readily accept baby brine shrimp (BBS), micro-worms, and finely crushed flake food.
Additional Information: A very beautiful mid-sized Cichlid.
- Python Island – Pundamilia Nyererei
- Zue Island – Paralabidochromis Chromogynos
- Red Zebra – Metriaclima Estherae
- Kenya Gold – Haplochromis sp. Kenya Gold
- Red Spotted Green Discus – Symphysodon Aequifaciatus sp.
- Cockatoo Cichlid – Apistogramma Cacatuoides
- Convict, Zebra Cichlid – Archocentrus Nigrofasciatus
- Sunshine Peacock – Aulonocara Baenschi
- Kenyi Cichlid – Pseudotropheus Lombardoi
- Eastern Happy – Astatotilapia Calliptera