Common name: Magnum Plecostomus, Mango Plecostomus, Magnum-orange Seam-Pleco, L047
Scientific name: Baryancistrus Specie
Average Adult Fish Size: 11 inches / 28 cm
Place of Origin: Amazon Basin, South America
Typical Tank setup: S. American biotope with large rocks, driftwood, bogwood and caves.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 75 gallon / 300 litre
Compatibility: Generally peaceful if given enough space and hiding spots, but can be aggressive with catfish and other plecostomus type fish.
Temperature: 72 – 78 Deg F / 22 – 25.5 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.5 – 7.5
Feeding: Omnivorous. A staple diet of large pellets, sticks, and wafers along with chunks of frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, market shrimp, or mussels is readily accepted. Occasionally feed vegetables also such as cucumber, kale, spinach, and canned green beans that have been rinsed well.
Sexing: Females are wider, while males are more slender.
Breeding: Specific breeding information is unknown.
Additional Information: A large specimen that needs good filtration and frequent partial water changes. Wood in the form of driftwood or bogwood is a must.
- Blue Eyed Pleco – Panaque Cochliodon
- Gold Nugget Pleco – Baryancistrus, L018, L081, L085, L177
- Long-nosed Distichodus – Distochodus Lusosso
- Adonis Pleco – Acanthicus Adonis
- Leopard Pleco – Glyptoperichthys Gibbiceps, L083, L165
- Blue Phantom Pleco – Hemiancistrus Specie, L128
- Common Pleco – Hypostomus Plecostomus
- Vampire Pleco – Leporacanthicus Galaxias, L029
- Sunshine Pleco – Scobinancistrus Aureatus, L014
- Titanicus Pleco – Pseudacanthicus Species, L273