Common name: Golden Julie, Ornatus, Ornate Julie
Scientific name: Julidochromis Ornatus
Average Adult Fish Size: 8cm / 3 Inches
Place of Origin: Lake Tanganyika
Typical Tank setup: Typical Tanganyika tank set up with plenty of caves for spawning
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 120 Litres
Compatibility: Other Tanganyikan Cichlids
Temperature: 23-28 Deg C / 73-82 Deg F
Water chemistry: pH 7.6-8.6
Feeding: Omnivorous – does well with flake or pellet food.
Sexing: Difficult to determine but females tend to be larger than males.
Breeding: A colony of 2 males to 6 females is recommended, as well as many caves for the eggs to be laid in.
Additional Information: Hard, alkaline water is essential for the Golden Julie. Rocky caves and hiding places are also required. Very fine gravel or sand should be used to avoid injuries while sifting sand.
- Convict Julie – Julidochromis Regani
- Masked Julie – Julidochromis Transcriptus
- Brown Julie – Julidochromis Dickfeldi
- Marliers Julie – Julidochromis Marlieri
- Tropheus Golden Firefox – Tropheus sp.
- Enantiopus Kilesa – Enantiopus sp. Kilesa
- Tropheus Moorii Red Rainbow – Tropheus sp. Kasanga
- Tropheus Duboisi Maswa – Tropheus cf. Duboisi
- Zebra Shelldweller – Neolamprologus Similis
- Tropheus Cherry Spot, Kirschfleck – Tropheus sp. Bulu Point