Common name: Eyespot Synodontis
Scientific name: Synodontis Longirostris
Average Adult Fish Size: 23 inches / 580mm
Place of Origin: Congo River Basin, Africa
Typical Tank setup: Rocky African biotope with ledges and hiding places along with plenty of open space.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 180 gallon / 720 litre
Compatibility: Relatively peaceful for its’ size. Like most large synodontis though, it will eat small fish. Full grown adults are best kept with fish 6 inches / 15 cm or larger.
Temperature: 70 – 75 Deg F / 21 – 24 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.5 – 7.2
Feeding: Omnivorous, and will eat anything from flakes, pellets, and frozen foods when smaller to large pellets, earthworms, and chunks of frozen foods or market shrimp when larger.
Sexing: Not much is known about sexing this species other than by venting.
Breeding: Breeding information is unknown.
Additional Information: A large aquarium along with adequate filtration and frequent water changes are a must for adults.
- Barfin Synodontis – Synodontis Ornatipinnis
- Two Spot Synodontis – Synodontis Nummifer
- Giraffe Catfish – Auchenoglanis Occidentalis
- Synodontis Waterloti
- Ocellated Synodontis – Synodontis Ocellifer
- Synodontis Rebeli
- Spotted Squeeker – Synodontis Nigromaculata
- Adonis Pleco – Acanthicus Adonis
- Pyjama Catfish – Synodontis Flavitaeniatus
- Polka Dot Synodontis – Synodontis Angelicus