Common name: Convict Julie, Regani
Scientific name: Julidochromis Regani
Average Adult Fish Size: 12cm / 5 Inches
Place of Origin: Lake Tanganyika
Typical Tank setup: Rocky Tanganyika tank with plenty of caves.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 200 Litres
Compatibility: Other Tanganyikan fish.
Temperature: 22-26 Deg C / 72-78 Deg F
Water chemistry: pH 7.6-8.6
Feeding: Feed sinking flakes, pellets, and brine shrimp.
Sexing: Females tend to have a more round body than males.
Breeding: A ratio of one male to two females is recommended. The eggs are laid in a cave. The female defends and cleans the eggs, while the male guards the territory.
Additional Information: Without adequate cover, Julidochromis regani may not eat and will starve to death. A high pH and medium-hard water are essential. On a side note: Never treat an aquarium containing Julidochromis regani with Triple-Sulphur, or any related products.
- Golden Julie – Julidochromis Ornatus
- Brown Julie – Julidochromis Dickfeldi
- Giant Cichlid – Boulengerochromis Microlepis
- Marliers Julie – Julidochromis Marlieri
- Congo Blackfin – Altolamprologus Calvus
- Tropheus Golden Firefox – Tropheus sp.
- Tropheus Moorii Ikola – Tropheus sp. Ikola
- Tropheus Moorii Red Rainbow – Tropheus sp. Kasanga
- Tropheus Duboisi Maswa – Tropheus cf. Duboisi
- Tropheus Cherry Spot, Kirschfleck – Tropheus sp. Bulu Point