Common name: Brown Julie
Scientific name: Julidochromis Dickfeldi
Average Adult Fish Size: 7cm / 3 Inches
Place of Origin: Lake Tanganyika
Typical Tank setup: Rocky Tanganyika tank with plenty of caves.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 200 Litres
Compatibility: Other Tanganyikan fish EXCEPT other Julidochromis.
Temperature: 23-27 Deg C / 72-79 Deg F
Water chemistry: pH 7.6-8.6
Feeding: Carnivorous – does well with flake food suppliments with frozen foods such as krill or brine shrimp.
Sexing: Females tend to be larger than males.
Breeding: These egg-depositors will pair up naturally, but will slack off most of the time. They will only guard their fry for a short while in a rearing pit, but after that, no care will be provided.
Additional Information: Keep this species in a tank with plenty of hiding places, and no other fish from other families. Allow space for males to set up territories. The aquarium should be filled with lots of rockwork that reaches the water surface because in the wild, this fish spends much of its time in rockpiles.
- Marliers Julie – Julidochromis Marlieri
- Convict Julie – Julidochromis Regani
- Golden Julie – Julidochromis Ornatus
- Tropheus Golden Firefox – Tropheus sp.
- Tropheus Moorii Red Rainbow – Tropheus sp. Kasanga
- Tropheus Duboisi Maswa – Tropheus cf. Duboisi
- Masked Julie – Julidochromis Transcriptus
- Tropheus Moorii Ilangi – Tropheus sp. Ilangi
- Tropheus Cherry Spot, Kirschfleck – Tropheus sp. Bulu Point
- Tropheus Moliro Firecracker – Tropheus sp. Moliro