Common name: Blue Phantom Plecostomus, L128
Scientific name: Hemiancistrus Specie
Average Adult Fish Size: 7 inches / 18 cm
Place of Origin: South America
Typical Tank setup: Rocky S. American biotope with a lot of caves and hiding places. Driftwood or bogwood is considered unnecessary by some, and a requirement by others. It can’t hurt, so it should be included to be safe.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 30 gallon / 120 litre
Compatibility: Peaceful if given enough hiding places to call its’ own.
Temperature: 72 – 77 Deg F / 22 – 25 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.0 – 7.2
Feeding: Though it is an effective algae eater it should be considered omnivorous and fed a balanced staple diet of wafers, sticks, and pellets along with frozen foods such as brine shrimp and blood worms.
Sexing: Venting is the best way to sex this fish.
Breeding: Have been spawned in aquarium. Male guards eggs in similar way to most other Hypostominae fishes. Cave spawner, but exact specifics are unknown.
Additional Information: May be the same species as L200 Hemiancistrus subviridis in which case L128 is the northern form. An inky black fish with variable blueish white spots. Aquarium should have a mild to moderate current.
- Green Phantom Pleco – Hemiancistrus Subviridis, L200
- Vampire Pleco – Leporacanthicus Galaxias, L029
- Peppermint Plec – Parancistrus Nudiventris, L031, L176, L300
- Blue Eyed Pleco – Panaque Cochliodon
- Zebra Pleco – Hypancistrus Zebra, L046, L98, L173
- Candy Striped Pleco – Peckoltia Vittata, L15
- Red Dwarf Gourami – Colisa Lalia
- Dwarf Gourami – Colisa Lalia
- Leopard Pleco – Glyptoperichthys Gibbiceps, L083, L165
- Scarlet Pleco – Pseudacanthicus Species, L025