Common name: Barfin Synodontis
Scientific name: Synodontis Ornatipinnis
Average Adult Fish Size: 16 inches / 40 cm
Place of Origin: Coquilhatville, Zaire
Typical Tank setup: Rocky African biotope with ledges, caves, roots/bogwood/driftwood along with some open space.
Recommended Minimum Aquarium Capacity: 140 gallon / 560 litre
Compatibility: Peaceful, but will eat small fish. Will hold its own in a mixed African Cichlid aquarium.
Temperature: 72 – 77 Deg F / 22 – 25 Deg C
Water chemistry: pH 6.6 – 8.0
Feeding: Omnivorous. Provide a varied diet of catfish tablets, pellets, flakes, frozen and live foods such as brine shrimp when small to medium sized. Will also eat chunks of raw fish, market shrimp, oysters, clams and mussels when full grown.
Sexing: Venting is the best way to sex this species.
Additional Information: Providing large hiding spaces will keep this fish happy.
- Two Spot Synodontis – Synodontis Nummifer
- Ocellated Synodontis – Synodontis Ocellifer
- Synodontis Waterloti
- Synodontis Rebeli
- Spotted Squeeker – Synodontis Nigromaculata
- Pyjama Catfish – Synodontis Flavitaeniatus
- Eyespot Synodontis – Synodontis Longirostris
- Lake Malawi Synodontis – Synodontis Njassae
- Polka Dot Synodontis – Synodontis Angelicus
- Featherfin Synodontis – Synodontis Eupterus